5th Gwangju Design Biennale
- Chief Director : Yeong hye Lee,
CEO of Design House
- The theme of the Gwangju Design Biennale 2013, “Gəsigi, Məsigi (Anything, Something)” is what designers with insight to interpret the era’s new demands should observe.
“Gəsigi, Məsigi” can be interpreted as “Anything, Something” for designers who understand the context and work for better future.
Considering users’ taste and traits for ordinary or universal things and making a creative style is a way of enhancing values and designers’ strength and powers.
- Period : Sep. 6 – Nov. 3, 2013 (59 days)
- Venue : Gwangju Biennale Exhibition Hall, etc.
- Main Exhibition : Gəsigi, Məsigi, Anything, Something, Old and New
- Special Exhibition : International exhibition, industrialized design project exhibition
- Academic Events : International Academic Conference
- Events : Workshop, events
- Gəsigi, Məsigi, Anything, Something, Old and New: Considering the theme of the Gwangju Design Biennale 2013, “Gəsigi, Məsigi” in the context of “Old and New,” this exhibition, showing the correlation between our old designs and contemporary designs, is aimed at not only providing the practical significance and images of things around us but also finding how designs are reflected amid the change of time.
- International exhibition
- industrialized design project
Size of Design Biennale
- No. of Participatory Countries : 20
- No. of Participatory Companies : 19
- No. of Participatory Designers : 328
- No. of Design Works : 600
- No. of Visitors : 210,151