Donghoon Jang (Director of SADI)
At the Gwangju Design Biennale 2017, we would like to look into the future, which is the biggest issue in society, in the inflection point of the times through various perspectives. In particular, we would like to look at the entrepreneurship system, which is emerging as a lifestyle, industry, and important occupation of the future, and introduce 3D printing as a platform for entrepreneurship and manufacturing; moreover, this course deals with the rediscovery of Asian design values as an alternative to the industrialized design of Western Universities, and through this, we will consider the role and vision of the future design.
Period : Sept. 8 ~ Oct. 23, 2017 (46 days)
Venue: Biennale Exhibition Hall, Museum of Art, Asia Culture Center, etc.
· Main Exhibition: Presents various discourses about the future, including design roles, values, and vision of the future society in the wave of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
· Special Exhibition: Exhibition of futuristic media arts converged with new technologies such as virtual reality and hologram, Korea's Top 50 Designs
· Symbolic Sculptures: HALO Special Memorial Sculpture Commemorating the Year of Exchange between Korean and UK
· Design Business: Design Fair, Design Business Lounge, Venture Mining Festival
· International Academic Events: International Symposium and International Conferences with invited global experts and scholars
· Service Design Improvement Project: Development of residents' autonomous operation model to resolve community disputes
· Citizen Participation Event: Experience, Performance, Event
· Design Spot: In alliance with local design exhibitions, lectures, showrooms, hot places, etc.
|Participating Countries||Corporations||Designers||Number of artwork||Visitors|
|47 Countries||335 Corporations||468 persons||1,288 units||270,159 persons|