Design Shin MyeongArtistic Director
Kyung ran Choi (Professor of Kookmin University)
The Gwangju Design Biennale 2015, held under the theme of “Design Shin Myeong,” was aimed at discovering new designs in the coming future, which will provide design’s solutions to the future. All the processes of experience programs were designed for visitors to rediscover how they can renew their lives through the design. By discovering values suitable to the era of globalization through the combination of Easter and Western values, visitors can find the energy for new future.
Period : Oct. 15 – Nov. 13, 2015 (30 days)
Venue : Gwangju Biennale Exhibition Hall, etc.
- Main Exhibition : Gwangju branding, cultural values of Korea, China and Japan, sharing the daily digital life, sustainable future
- Special Exhibition : New Italian design
- Events : Design concert, festival, concert, symbolic sculpture
- Gwangju Branding : Development of world-class design products through the collaboration between small and medium companies in Gwangju and globally renowned designers
- Sustainable Future: Temporary exhibition for future growth by displaying creative design experiments conducted by international design training institutes and company-affiliated research institutes from Korea and abroad
- Cultural Values of Korea, China and Japan: Modernization of living spaces based on a proper understanding of East Asian countries’ traditional, cultural values, particularly, Korean, Chinese and Japanese cultures, chosen as a cultural city in 2012 and 2015
- New Italian Design : “New Italian Design 2.0,” the travelling exhibition of Triennale di Milano Design Museum , the internationally renowned design museumEvent Scale
|Participating Countries||Corporations||Designers||Number of artwork||Visitors|
|35 Countries||33 Corporations||3,994 persons||1,833 units||106,300 persons|