Light into LifeArtistic Director
Sun jong Lee (Professor of Seoul National University)
The Gwangju Design Biennale 2005, held under the theme of “Light into Life,” suggested the future life dreamed by designs.
1,000 various design works, ranging from products, fashion, images, graphics and spaces, from 30 countries leading the world design, were displayed during the Design Biennale. The value of globality enriching people’s everyday life beyond the logic of industries and economy and guiding future humans’ life was sought.
Period : Oct. 18 – Nov. 3, 2005 (17 days)
Venue : Gwangju Kimdaejung Convention Center, Chungjang-ro, Sangmu District, etc.
- Main Exhibition : Life of future, Asian design
- Special Exhibition : Koreans’ life and design, Gwangju, the future city, Gwngju’s design, hall of fame for global designers
- Academic Events : Conference, workshop
- Events : Festival, performances
- Life of Future: Future-oriented design exhibition in the major daily life areas, prediction of human life’s future
- Asian Design: Discovery of Asia’s excellent cultural values, suggestion of the new paradigm as Asian design hub and roles of a leader
- Korea’s Design: Industries, culture and history
- Gwangju, the Future City: Origin
- Gwangju’s Design
- Hall of Fame for Designers of the Centuries
- New Wave in Design
- Excellent Industrial Design Voucher
|Participating Countries||Corporations||Designers||Number of artwork||Visitors|
|33 Countries||177 Corporations||530 persons||1,274 units||285,513 persons|